1. There are over 150 million people resident in Nigeria and the population in Nigeria is been predicted to overtake that of United States by 2050. Now what this means in essence is that the market is big enough to absorb any product, provided enough marketing and awareness is created. Another positive impact of this population statistics is that there is cheap labor. One of the reasons China grew to become an industrial hub is because of her large population, which in turn brought down the cost of labor.
2. Nigeria is fast developing and there is a huge need for innovative products. If you are resident in Nigeria, kindly reflect on the position of Nigeria ten years back and compare it with her present state; you will agree with me that there is a huge change. Economically, technologically, etc; Nigeria is growing, whether you admit it or not won’t change the fact. That is why entrepreneurs and institutional investors from countries like South Africa, China, Lebanon, Brazil, India, etc are scrambling to invest in Nigeria because they see the potential that we citizens don’t see.
3. Nigeria is currently riddled with problems and the government is currently battling to tackle these problems. I am talking about challenges such as security, infrastructural decay, unemployment, power failure, corruption, fall in education standard, accommodation, etc. The average minds believe these problems can never be resolved and if it is to be resolved, it should be done by the government. However, people with entrepreneurial mindset know that these problems are opportunities; and only those who act will turn these opportunities into profitable businesses. In all honesty and humility, I want you to know that I am currently profiting from the security situation in the country by providing a solution to a specific security challenge.
4. The government is working to improve the economic condition of the country, by implementing several policies aimed at encouraging local content production and small scale enterprises. If you are well positioned to take advantages of such opportunities, you will make something from it.
5. The eye of most entrepreneurs and investors doing business in Nigeria is usually on Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt. However, tremendous opportunities are laying waste in other states cities such as Owerri, Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Kano, Enugu, etc.
Now to be honest with you, I don’t take heed to what the World bank and IMF statistics say about Nigeria. I am equally not moved by the politically inclined propaganda promoted on the media about Nigeria. I am an entrepreneur on ground, and I have personally assessed the situation on ground and charted out ways to harness it. I would rather work with my own hard facts and proposed solutions than work with the media statistics. I think I have said enough. So without wasting your time, below are some small scale business ideas and opportunities in Nigeria you can invest in today.
Subscribe for alerts& follow the BIGGEST Business Blog in Nigeria & fastest growing Entrepreneurial/Political blog in Africa daily
Follow me on Twitter- @udeozochibuzo
Email me- firstname.lastname@example.org
Become My friend on Facebook- udeozochibuzo, Connect with me on- LinkedIn-udeozochibuzo
Watch me on- Youtube-udeozochibuzo Skype with me- udeozochibuzo
Check out my Blog daily- http://www.udeozochibuzo.wordpress.com
You can Follow UC-Blog via Email- Simply enter your email address to follow section of UC-Blog and receive notifications of new posts by email instantly.
BE SOCIAL SHARE THIS POST WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS BY CLICKING ANY OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA ICON BELOW!