1. Free education (It was visible. We had books. We had more teachers. Committees set up at local government levels visited our schools every week unannounced to check quality of teaching, teachers, students and materials).
2. Affordable Housing for the lower and middle classes (LKJ did not build houses for the super rich. Direct labour was the sing-song as everyone had a job to do and our people had plenty of things to sell. Not contracts to major contractors who will take all our money away).
3. Rural and urban roads were constructed and rehabilitated with ease. But for Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s insistence, which forced Commodore Gbolahan Mudasiru to stop the project, LKJ has already initiated the first Metroline in Africa, as the old man saw into the future of Lagos and wanted today’s Okada riding masses to have a comfortable mode of transport. LKJ bought boats for water transportation.
4. Healthcare services were genuinely free.
5. Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry were targetted for serious agriculture. The pineapple farms, piggery, fish farms, etc remain till date.
No Governor in Yorubaland since 1999 has done 10% of what LKJ did under FOUR years despite getting more money and some spending EIGHT years in office.
Subscribe for alerts& follow the BIGGEST Business Blog in Nigeria & fastest growing Entrepreneurial/Political blog in Africa daily
Follow me on Twitter- @udeozochibuzo
Email me- email@example.com
Become My friend on Facebook- udeozochibuzoConnect with me on LinkedIn-udeozochibuzo
Watch me on Youtube-udeozochibuzo
Check out my Blog daily- http://www.udeozochibuzo.wordpress.com
You can Follow UC-Blog via Email- Simple just enter your email address to follow UC-Blog and receive notifications of new posts by email instantly.
BE SOCIAL SHARE THIS POST WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS BY CLICKING ANY OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA ICON BELOW!