In a move that is set to change the way business and payments are made in Nigeria, MasterCard has been signed up by the Nigerian government to launch an Identity and electronic payment system under the recently deployed National Identity Management System (NIMS).
The dual purpose cards are designed to create a cashless society where users will be encouraged to pay using their identity card. The pilot scheme will target 13 million potential users from 16 years and above in the first phase of the programme.
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Minister of Finance) who witnessed the launch of this exciting program stressed the importance of the national identity smart card scheme in moving Nigeria to an electronic platform and fighting the war on corruption.
This scheme can have a major impact on people who do not have easy access to cash and really change the lives of everyday Nigerians…
Subscribe for alerts& follow the BIGGEST Business Blog in Nigeria & fastest growing Entrepreneurial/Political blog in Africa daily
Follow me on Twitter- @udeozochibuzo
Email me- firstname.lastname@example.org
Become My friend on Facebook- udeozochibuzoConnect with me on LinkedIn-udeozochibuzo
Watch me on Youtube-udeozochibuzo
Check out my Blog daily- http://www.udeozochibuzo.wordpress.com
You can Follow UC-Blog via Email- Simple just enter your email address to follow UC-Blog and receive notifications of new posts by email instantly.
BE SOCIAL SHARE THIS POST WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS BY CLICKING ANY OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA ICON BELOW!!
Firestone Oil& Gas Company Nigeria
Universal Hotel Enugu
oven cake craft
Chestnaz Laundry and Drycleaning
Channels Tv News
- COURT RULES AGAINST INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL FEDERATION, FIBA
- Read The Frog Analysis & Your Life
- El Chapo Guzman: Mexican Druglord Threatens Isis Leader Baghdadi
- Queen of Silicon Valley, Diane Greene Run The Cloud Unit
- 3 Ways To Prepare For Success
- Read about ”The Intrapreneur”
- See a Way To Make Money
- Fears Envelope Nigerian Stock Excange, as Market Reopens for Trading
- Nigeria’s Army Publishes Photos of Boko Haram Members
- MICHEAL JACKSON TOPS LIST OF HIGHEST PAID DEAD CELEBRITIES IN THE WORLD
- Must Read Synapsyl The Pill That Enhances Your Brain Intelligence
- Behold The World’s Highest Paid Actor 2015:
- See The Wealthiest Hip-Hop Artist in The World 2015 Forbes
- Learn 5 Best Practices to Take Your Business Global With Twitter Ads
- Nigeria Multi-Million-Dollar Mushroom Market
- 519,304 hits
Blogs I Follow
- Travel photos
- The Reformed Conservative
- OPTIONS BARBERSHOP
- temmie writes......
- GREATER GRACE ASSEMBLY
- MayorBEE-Global Ventures
- Steven .U. Omatule
- Better Living Personal Development & Martial Arts
- Info, News and B.S.
- TED Blog
- Matt on Not-WordPress
ASK ME QUESTIONS
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.