Nine more Billionaire families and individuals have pledged to give at least half of their fortunes to charity as part of a philanthropic campaign by two of the world’s richest men, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.
The Giving Pledge, which was launched by Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft, and investor Buffett in 2010, said on Tuesday that billionaires joining the campaign included New York-based real estate magnate Stephen Ross.
The announcement came just a few days after Florida lawmakers shot down a bid by Ross’s Miami Dolphins NFL team to win tax dollars to help finance a $350 million upgrade of the Sun Life stadium outside Miami.
In addition to Ross, the new group of billionaires taking the pledge included hedge fund manager Paul E. Singer, the founder and president of Elliott Management Corp, and Sara Blakely, the founder of shapewear brand SPANX.
Forbes magazine has called Blakely the world’s youngest self-made female billionaire.
Entrepreneur Craig McCaw, who built McCaw Cellular into the largest U.S. cellular company, is also among new signatories together with his wife, Susan, as is Britain’s Lord Ashcroft.
The Giving Pledge does not accept money or tell people how to donate but asks billionaires to make a moral commitment to give their fortunes to charity during their lifetime or after death.
The Giving Pledge now has 114 signatories. The full list of billionaires, and personal letters from many outlining their charitable commitment, can be seen at
Firestone Oil& Gas Company Nigeria
Universal Hotel Enugu
oven cake craft
Chestnaz Laundry and Drycleaning
Channels Tv News
- COURT RULES AGAINST INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL FEDERATION, FIBA
- Read The Frog Analysis & Your Life
- El Chapo Guzman: Mexican Druglord Threatens Isis Leader Baghdadi
- Queen of Silicon Valley, Diane Greene Run The Cloud Unit
- 3 Ways To Prepare For Success
- Read about ”The Intrapreneur”
- See a Way To Make Money
- Fears Envelope Nigerian Stock Excange, as Market Reopens for Trading
- Nigeria’s Army Publishes Photos of Boko Haram Members
- MICHEAL JACKSON TOPS LIST OF HIGHEST PAID DEAD CELEBRITIES IN THE WORLD
- Must Read Synapsyl The Pill That Enhances Your Brain Intelligence
- Behold The World’s Highest Paid Actor 2015:
- See The Wealthiest Hip-Hop Artist in The World 2015 Forbes
- Learn 5 Best Practices to Take Your Business Global With Twitter Ads
- Nigeria Multi-Million-Dollar Mushroom Market
- 491,808 hits
Blogs I Follow
- Travel photos
- Disciples Perspective
- OPTIONS BARBERSHOP
- temmie writes......
- GREATER GRACE ASSEMBLY
- MayorBEE-Global Ventures
- Steven .U. Omatule
- Better Living Personal Development & Martial Arts
- Info, News and B.S.
- TED Blog
- Matt on Not-WordPress
ASK ME QUESTIONS
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.